10 day Retreat with Suvaco
March 6 @ 6:00 pm - March 15 @ 3:00 pm
Registration for this retreat will begin from 4pm on Friday the 6th of March, with soup served at 6.15.
The retreat will start at 7pm with a short orientation talk and end at lunchtime on Sunday, March 15th.
It is necessary to attend all of the retreat.
Coming on Retreat
To find out more about coming on retreat please see here: http://www.sunyatacentre.org/coming-on-retreat-at-sunyata/
Cost of Retreat
Like all retreats at Sunyata, this retreat is offered on a donation (dana) basis, both for Sunyata and for the teacher.
We are asked sometimes for guidance regarding donations towards the centre and we calculate that €45 per person per day meets the ‘break even’ cost for running all of our retreats throughout the year. If one wishes to give more than the guided amount, then that would be very welcome. All donations are anonymous.
To book a place please e-mail [email protected]
The Eight Precepts:
Participants are asked to abide by the eight precepts as outlined below. The following of these precepts lead to the establishment of an atmosphere of restraint and and mutual respect among participants which is conducive to meditation.
1. Harmlessness: not intentionally taking the life of any living creature.
2. Trustworthiness: not taking anything that is not given.
3. Chastity : refraining from any sexual activity.
4. Right Speech: retreatants are asked to maintain noble silence, that is not engaging in any talk with each other, or anyone else, unless it is really necessary.
5. Sobriety : not taking any intoxicating drinks or drugs.
6. Restraint : not wearing make-up, jewellery or immodest clothing; not playing radios, music tapes or musical instruments.
7. Alertness: to refrain from overindulgence in sleep.
8. Refrain from eating after main meal around midday. This means that there will be no evening meal served
Suvaco trained as a monk in the Thai Forest tradition for 17 years. He lives in the South West of England where he works as a psychotherapist and Tai Qi teacher.