If you are planning to come on retreat with us at Sunyata, it is important you read and clearly understand the details outlined below. All of the retreats held at Sunyata are offered on a ‘donation’ basis, we do not ask for deposits, however, accommodation is limited. To avoid last minute cancellations, please be sure you can attend before booking a space.
Participants are expected to arrive on time for the beginning of retreats and to stay for the duration of the retreat.
Residential retreats follow the code of conduct outlined in the eight precepts:
The Eight Precepts:
- Harmlessness: not intentionally taking the life of any living creature.
- Trustworthiness: not taking anything that is not given.
- Chastity : refraining from any sexual activity.
- Right Speech: retreatants are asked to maintain ‘noble silence’, that is not engaging in any talk with each other, or anyone else, unless it is really necessary.
- Sobriety : not taking any intoxicating drinks or drugs.
- Restraint : not wearing make-up, perfume or strongly-scented deodorant, jewellery or immodest clothing; not playing radios, music tapes or musical instruments.
- Alertness: to refrain from overindulgence in sleep.
- Refrain from eating after main meal
A detailed guide for the retreatant can be found here: Retreatants Guide to Sunyata_v5